Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Be kind...

There are days that take your breath away some days for amazingly exciting news and some unfortunately for nightmarish news. Today was more nightmarish; news of a young man who took his life for his own reasons... it gave me pause. I write this post to remind the few followers that I have that life although precious should be handled with care, kindness, and concern. To remind myself to be kind for I do not know nor can I comprehend the struggles someone around me is facing.

Do something today for a stranger something small and seemingly unimportant. For instance, the other day I saw a woman overloaded with bags trying to get groceries to her car, one of her bags dropped and broke in the street the contents poured out onto the pavement. I ran over to help along with Carson to pick up the pieces it didn't seem like very such but the woman was overjoyed to have such help at the moment. I think it reminds us that we are not alone...

I get caught up trying to work, keep a home, exercise, socialize and I miss a lot of the details its not on purpose but it happens, it happens to us all. Lately Ive been trying to be conscious about my actions and how I may be affecting those around me, even people I do not know. This brings me to my point, remember to be kind, be thoughtful, be present.

No comments: