Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Yes We Can!

I just want to thank my friends and family and all of those I don't know, who stood up and said no more! Its absolutely amazing, last night I watched as Obama slapped John McCain the people have spoken and we in the most nonviolent but effective way just told the current administration and that we will not go down without a fight. Obama kicked McCain's ass 349 to 149 says it all. It wasn't a win it was a revolution. It was our revolution.

Today is the first day of hope, The road ahead will be difficult it will not be easy to dig our country out of the trench of tyranny, corruption, and deceit that has plagued us this last eight years. As tears welled up in my eyes last night as I watched Obama accept his presidency for us and included us it was the most awe inspiring moment and the most amazing realization that we can change, that our country does care, and that people finally woke up and washed the apathy out of their eyes to see clearly for once. I was in tears talking to my friend Jaime I thought for the first time how I was no longer scared to bring children into this world. I teared up as she told me how amazing she felt rocking her baby to sleep and knowing that her daughter gets to be raised in a world that will no longer be held hostage by hate. Obama didn't just win the presidency he inspired a nation, he inspired us to HOPE.

Today I am so proud to be apart of this country. Thank you for voting!

Now I have to find something else to write about...I guess there is always Enews.

PS I still hate Sarah Palin and think she is the devil incarnate!

No comments: