Monday, September 22, 2008

Paddle boarding

On Sunday for my mom's birthday we took a paddle boarding class. What is paddle boarding you ask?

It is standing on a paddle board/surf board that is about 11-15 feet long between 20-32" across and that floats magically on the water with a paddle that is 10" taller than then the paddler you stand on the board and cruise around if on a lake and in the ocean you catch some waves.

It was so much fun we took the class at Lake Natomas, the water was warm and the sun was out. It was awesome. I think the best part was watching my mother and her friend Barbara falling in the water and taking some big hits on their boards. The fact that they continued on was amazing. I cant wait to try it on the ocean. I think I might want to do it Hawaii the locals are doing it and you can see a lot more of the water and your surroundings than when you surf.

Here is a picture of what this sport looks like:


No comments: